Forget blood samples and hair pulling! This simple, safe and effective sampling device has taken over.
We're often asked about genetics and testing but we like to leave those answers to the experts. What we can say is the easiest and safest way to provide a sample is with an Allflex TSU.
Now we offer pre-paid testing with TSU's it's never been easier and lower in price.
Collecting tissue samples has never been more efficient and cost effective. Allflex TSUs provide fast, high performance sample collection. Samples can be collected in seconds with minimal animal restraint. A single-squeeze motion collects a sample with minimal distress to the animal.
The genetic material is sealed in a preservative specifically designed for samples to be stored safely for several days, without refrigeration, before being shipped to the lab for testing.
Allflex Tissue Sampling Units remove the unnecessary frustration of dealing with blood cards or easily contaminated hair samples.
Scientific advancements in the mapping of livestock genetics along with continued development of affordable analytics has changed the sampling industry — making it easier and quicker for producers to use DNA for parentage verification, genetic selection and BVD diagnostics.
Instant confirmation of on-farm sampling success. No more guessing whether enough genetic material has been gathered.
Take samples at any age
Samples can be taken in animals as young as one-day-old so you can know the results from the lab quickly.
Ensure enough genetic material is collected
With Allflex TSU sampling, you can see that there is enough genomic material to submit. No more counting hair follicles or wondering if you captured enough biological material.
Collecting tissue samples is easy
Allflex TSUs are easy to use to collect samples yourself, saving you time, money and effort waiting for a professional to help you with the process.
How to use the Allflex™ TSU to collect genetic material:
- This video from Holstein USA is quite useful.
- Collecting genetic material, suitable for genomic and other genetic tests.
- Clean, robust and safe storage without error.
- Printed units can be matched in tray packs with ear tags.
- Easy to ship and easier in the lab.
How Neogen GeneSeek™ lab works:
- Comprehensive genomic solutions.
- TSU’s provide a unique batch number to link all processes.
- Secure and Simple traceability.
- Dam, Sire, Progeny and Horn Pole testing for Beef & Dairy.
- Automation leads to lower costs.
Neogen in Gatton, Qld is Australia's largest livestock DNA testing lab!
``The switch from hair samples to using TSUs has provided a faster an more accurate way of organising, sending and testing samples. With TSUs the numbering and encapsulation system means there is less chance of error in handling or storage. In the lab results recovery and delivery can be faster as the sampels are stored in clean tubes/vials and are processed automatically with far less manual intervention.``.
``Creating and organising animal genetic records now has several options and we use them all: TSUs only (in boxes of 10) and TSUs tray packed with matching tags. The matching tags can be NLIS and/or our Management (Visual) tags. It's very easy to obtain samples and produce valuable historical records that we can rely upon. We store and ship our samples in the 96 well trays provided for ease or recording``.
Some Common Questions:
- At what age can I use the TSUs?
- Unlike some sampling methods, samples can be taken in animals as young as one day old. There is no need to count hair follicles or guess if enough blood is present to produce a good lab result. With the TSU you will see the actual tissue sample and know if there is enough genomic material before sending to the lab
- How do I apply TSU tags and collect samples?
- Click HERE to download the “how to” PDF.
- How long can I store samples?
- Samples have a shelf life of several years. As this is a wet TSU system DO NOT store them in a freezer.
- How do I ship my samples to the lab?
- Samples can be shipped to the lab without cold packs. When sending samples use the address labels and complete the Neogen XLS form provided. The form should be sent together with the samples in paper form and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I complete the Neogen test request form?
- Click HERE to download the “how to” PDF.
Whatever the type and style of TSU, tag or Genomic test you need we’re here to advise on the best possible solution and guide you through the process to save time and money.
Acknowledgement: All information contained herein referenced and drawn from multiple manufacturers and suppliers documentation and is correct at the time of publication, for the benefit of 4tags.com customers.